Legal Analyst: San Ramon, California
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Legal Analyst located in San Ramon , CA / through August 6th, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time).
This Legal Analyst position is based in San Ramon, CA and is part of the Corporate Governance department.
CLICK HERE for more details and to apply online.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Support Assistant Corporate Secretaries by conducting corporate governance research and drafting materials for the Board and Board Committees. Distribute Board and Committee materials through board portal and maintain resource center on board portal.
- Assist with Director & Officer Questionnaires, Board evaluations, and Director independence reviews
- Assist with drafting proxy materials, Annual Meeting of Stockholders, and filings with the California Secretary of State and New York Stock Exchange
- Assist with maintaining the corporate governance sections of chevron.com
- Support the company’s insider trading window activities, which include monitoring of preclearance requests, coordination with outside vendors, review of Rule 10b5-1 trading plans, and the preparation and filing of Section 16 reports
- Assist with preparation of initial drafts and file Form 8-Ks with the SEC
- Liaise with business units on stakeholder communications
- Support Director Compensation reporting and compliance
- Recommend process improvements and simplification of tasks
- Responsible for records retention for corporate and securities team
- Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years of experience as a paralegal.
- 5+ years’ experience as a paralegal.
- Ability to maintain high quality performance with varied deadlines and competing priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong organizational, analytical, proofreading, editing, and research skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated communications skills (both oral and written), including at the executive level
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative mindset
- Self-starter who is adept at working in a team environment and partnering with management, business partners, in-house counsel, outside counsel, and staff
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of tools
- The successful candidate must be acutely aware of the confidential, and often privileged, nature of the information involved and diligently maintain confidentiality and/or privilege
- Paralegal certificate
- Corporate Governance research and writing experience
- Securities Law experience, particularly with Section 16 and Form 8-K filings
- Familiarity with Diligent Boards, Workiva and Computershare Section 16 Manager
Relocation Options:Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron Corporation is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Through its subsidiaries that conduct business worldwide, the company is involved in virtually every facet of the energy industry. Chevron explores for, produces and transports crude oil and natural gas; refines, markets and distributes transportation fuels and lubricants; manufactures and sells petrochemicals and additives; generates power; and develops and deploys technologies that enhance business value in every aspect of the company’s operations. Chevron is based in San Ramon, Calif. More information about Chevron is available at www.chevron.com.
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.